tisdag 25 mars 2014

Pen pals for 50 years!

Here is the story about Kelly and me. My wonderful friend Kelly and I wrote our first letters to each other 50 years ago. And we still do! As I remember it Kelly´s teacher was visiting our school in Moholm when I went in fifth grade. Maybe I´m wrong - it´s a long time ago... anyway, my teacher asked the class if anyone was interested in getting a pen pal from California. I thought it was exiting and soon I got a letter from Kelly from Oakland. We have never stopped writing and has followed each others life during the years through the letters.


For years we had wished to meet and finally in 2009 Anders and I went to California. It was very special to meet the person I knew from all her letters and still did not know, since we never had seen each other. We had some wonderful days with Kelly and her Bill, having time to talk and also being guided in the San Francisco area and Napa Valley. Unforgettable! And we still keep in touch and will do so for many more years I´m sure. Now our e-mails are completed with contact via Skype and Facebook, such a difference to 1964! Perhaps it´s time to write a paper letter?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar